BRISBANE’S BEST FOREST & GARDEN MULCH
Are you looking for the best forest mulch for sale in Brisbane? North Brisbane Trees is here to help, with a range of forest and garden mulch derived from our tree pruning, tree removal and stump grinding services.
We can deliver mulch in bulk or at different quantities on request. Mulch is an affordable ground covering that not only looks great, but it helps soil to retain moisture, among other benefits, such as:
- Reduces watering
- Suppresses weeds
- Provides nutrients
- Deters some pests
- Warms up soil in the spring
- Encourages beneficial soil organisms
- Protects roots from hot and cold temperatures
Why Our Mulch is the Best
Mulch is a layer of material added to the surface of soil. It’s used to improve the soils health and fertility, plus it enhances visual appeal. Our mulch is unrivalled in Brisbane because of the processes we use. These are:
Excellent Sorting Process
A large portion of arborist work around Brisbane is palm removal and cleaning. This means, much low quality mulch gets filled with palm fronds, making it difficult to spread. Our high tech equipment and topnotch sorting process allows us to keep this out, producing a much higher quality mulch.
Aged Forest Mulch
Our forest mulch is processed through a wood chipper, turning it into tiny, fine chips of wood. We then leave the mulch to age or ‘cook’ for up to three months. During this process, it reaches temperatures of up to 70 degrees, even in winter! This is beneficial to allow harmful tannins to leach out of the mulch and so the leaves can turn into compost.
Fresh Forest Mulch
Fresh forest mulch is the same as aged forest mulch, but it hasn’t gone through the 3-4 month composting process. This product is best used spread around juvenile plants or stressed out trees and shrubs. Choose from two options:
- Option 1: We load the mulch into our truck at the depot and deliver on your preferred time and date. This option incurs a delivery fee.
- Option 2: We supply mulch directly from a tree job. This option has no delivery fee, but can only be chosen when we are in your area and have the correct quantity requested.
Compost Gold Stabiliser
This type of mulch has been processed through a 30-tonne horizontal grinder. It contains a mixture of fine soil particles, medium mulch pieces and larger pieces. This is the best option for soil, vegetation, planting, stabilising embankments and for suppressing weed growth.
The only downside to this mulch, is that it doesn’t look as attractive as our forest mulch.
How to Apply Mulch?
Flower beds and borders will benefit from a full layer of mulch. However, take care not to smother low growing plants or tree trunks.
- Aim for a layer of mulch 2-3 inches thick
- Apply mulch after removing weeds and over moist soil
- Refresh your mulch at least once a year. Dig old mulch into the soil to allow it to fully decompose and then add a new layer
If you need help spreading your mulch, a qualified North Brisbane Trees arborist can get the job done. Give us a call on (07) 3289 3610 for a free quote.
How Much Does Mulch Cost?
Our mulch is sold for a per m3 inc GST rate, plus a delivery fee (unless you choose the option 2 forest mulch). The delivery fee is calculated by the number of km’s from our Yugar (Samford) depot. We have a 20m3 minimum order of – $670.00 inc GST.
- Aged Forest Mulch. $29.90 per m3 inc GST + delivery fee.
- Fresh Forest Mulch. $24.50 per m3 inc GST + delivery fee.
- Compost Gold Stabiliser Mulch. $29.90 per m3 inc GST + delivery fee.