Here are some before and after shots of one of our tree removal jobs.
We removed 4 large Tallowwoods (Eucalyptus Microcorys) at Cedar Creek.
These trees were all very distressed and in decline.
The reasons for their poor condition was the combination of:
- a very hot hazard reduction burn which burnt 60% of the canopy.
- followed by root damage and compaction during driveway construction.
- the use of Glyphosate (Round-up) on surrounding vegetation all within the space of 12 months.
This was too much for these already very old Tallowwoods.
North Brisbane Trees has convinced the owners to re-plant more Tallowwoods in a similar location but further away from the driveway and advice has been given regarding how best to care for these beautiful quintessential East Coast Aussie trees.
Some facts about Tallowwoods:
- They usually grow to about 40m but sometimes in excess of this to 70m
- The timber is commonly used for decking but has also seen usage in garden/outdoor furniture
- As it is part of the Eucalypt family, they tend to be popular with koalas who love to nibble on the leaves
Call us on (07) 3289 3610 for the best advice and service. North Brisbane Trees are the professional, qualified, fully insured experts to trust.